Sunday, August 30, 2009

yeah. You say, goodbye pretty ladies, and I say that too.

Hallo. =D

I just read the posts from Liz and Yann Ting about the farewell, and I've just been inspired to write something...it's that irritating inner sense that just keeps bugging me to DO MY JOB. So. This is to the dear comm of 0809

LIZ. I know I've got HUGE feet to fill, but I seriously dunno about the big feet thing...my feet look pretty small to me...=D but anyways, thanks for everything you've done, and thanks for all the encouragement...yes, I do have faith...lots of it...now's the time to put the faith into action! So, choir, let's get all those vocal chords movin'!! =}BTW, did I do a good job summarising stuff at the farewell? hehehe...yeah...no substantial information came out in the end, right? soryy...You were great in the good times and the bad, and somehow, you knew how to handle EVERY single situation...man...you're awesome. =)

Gabby. You're a great person. You know, this might be quite ironic (read the next statement over and over a few times and you'll get it...) I look up to the way you can lead so well by being humble. I look up to your 'humbleness'. LOL. seriously...you're always full of hope and faith for the choir, and it's been FABULOUS having you as a role model. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Nicole. Ahh...once again, you've been amazing...I think it's really funny when you look so stressed when there are problems with scores...your face reads: "HELLO?!? can you please be, like, wayyyy more responsible?" =D so cute...Thanks for being so concerned about details...it was like as if you were a thin thread that strung the small bits in the choir together. THANKKOOO

Violette. You are so talented. Really. I guess you already know that, so lets get on with things...OMG. The farewell song thing was so hilarious. CAUSE IT WAS SO WELL COMPOSED!!! =D We just realised how difficult it is to compose something tailor-made, straight-from-your-heart, and with a different lyricist and composer. Yeah, that's why we had to sing you the ready-made stuff...WHICH TURNED OUT AWESOME. In short, you're beyond words, and though it's hard to let you go, it's part of life I know. LOL. Thanks. For everything.

Christine. Your speech was THE most inspiring thing I've ever heard. More inspiring than Tiff's Fried Food speech. I was dumbstruck when I saw so many people crying. And, we could tell that you spoke from your heart. I'm devastated you (and all the other sec 4s) have to leave choir...AND, you woke me up to start REALLY SAVOURING the time I have left in the choir, cause now I'm scared that I will have the same reaction to leaving choir as you...I wonder...anyway, thanks!!!

Rebekah You are the sweetest person I’ve ever met. Seriously. You may not talk so much, and you may not be a people person, but you somehow manage to catch my attention with your quiet ways...it’s amazing...The way you worked with the Alto2s was suttle, and yet, effective...you’ve given Wey-Lynn and Sarah good grounds to work on...And I can see that you adore choir...Thank you for all the moments we’ve spent together, and...just...Thank you. =)

Ally You may be scary, but not scary enough for me :) You still give me the creeps, though...hehe...I’m glad I got to know you (eventhough it may not have been enough...) , and I enjoyed the times we had together, talking about how dumb our brothers will look doing the crazy concert....blahblahblah...yeah....THANKSMUCH!

I think that’s about it. I figured, since I had to summarise everything up during the farewell, I should write a ‘longer summary’ here. It’s still a summary, though...Hey, Yann Ting & Maria, still keep the 1 hour slot for me to talk at next year’s farewell, ah!! LOLZ.

To the up-and-maybe-too-happening comm. of 0910, I HAVE TONS OF HOPE FOR US :)...so, lets go get movin’ k? Haha...just kidding...cause we’re already moving, right? Haha...kidding again!!...LOL. I can imagine Siying telling me after she reads this...”Ellissa, you’re the most retarded person on Earth, and I think you know that. Who can make such lame jokes?” Of course, in this situation, she would have to be reminded of Liz and Gabby...=D

So, Thank you to everyone who has impacted the choir, and I hope that the next year is truly A song (legacy) that never ends

Lots of Love,
ellissasayampanathan